Being Creative In Solitude

Finding the positive side...


Yes, we are all unfortunately affected by the corona virus happening in our world. My heart goes out for those severely suffering during this time. It's a very emotional and hard time for all of us. At first I was very upset and depressed when the lock-down began here in LA, and I still am, but not to the extent that I was at first. 

I'm trying to find a way to busy myself and almost re-discover myself in this time of solitude. I finally have time to do things I noticed that I had always put off. 

& When I need to keep busy...creating treats and vegan creations are how I spend my time. PLUS - you can create these goodies with staple items and optional special new find items.

Enjoy :)

Sunbutter & Jelly Cocoa Cups

Ingredients (for one--X it per amount you'd like):
-1.5 TBS Cocoa Powder
-2 TBS Sunbutter (OR any nut/seed butter of your choice)
-1 TBS Coconut Oil
-5-6 berries of choice (I love blueberries and raspberries)

Method:
Place cocoa powder and coconut oil in a microwavable dish and set to 20-30 seconds for it to melt.
Place mixture in half of each cupcake tin and freeze for at least 15-20 minutes.
Once the chocolate is hard and frozen, place the smashed berries first, and then the sunbutter on top.
You can then add in the rest of the cocoa mixture on top until it fills the entire cupcake liner.

Freeze for about an hour, and enjoy! Store in freezer and enjoy within the week!

Sweet Yams and Coconut 

I have been loving this combo. It;s super easy and hits the sweet spot.
Steaming yams and then topping them with pecans and bananas, or even your favorite berries or dates, is sooo yummy. I also enjoy having coocnut yoghurt or icecream with it as well. :)


Toasted Nuts

Place mixed nuts or nut of choice on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Smother with any sweetener (I prefer maple syrup or coconut nectar)
Place in an over for 10-15 mins at 350 degrees - or to liking
let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy!




Stay safe, calm, and healthy.
xx

Comments

Popular Posts