Falling into a b i t e of love


It's been a minute since I have last had the chance to really focus on what my goals are at the moment. With all of my side hustle jobs and continuing to live out the balance of auditioning and dancing, I had to prioritize sleep and the necessities to "survive" before I could even think about the pathway I want to pursue right now.

As you may or may not know... I sing, I act, I dance, and I lifestyle and beauty model. Yet, lately, I've been really into my music.

I know many people say, "You can only put your whole focus on one thing, so why try to juggle all of those careers?!" And, while it is true in the sense of stamina... yes, letting yourself put full force focus on one thing is effective, it still does not cure the quest for the whole desire.

I like to section off times of my day to put 100% into all of the things I love doing. Weather that's fitness, writing, singing, prepping sides for a scene, or creating tap choreo, I need to know mentally that this one aspect is deserving of my time, and I need to put all other things aside while I work on it. If I were to dabble around throughout the day and multitask (i.e. enter the smart phone) while trying to create a song, chances are, the song will not get anywhere, and I won't feel as successful as I would if I could have blocked everything out for the time it requires.

I am definitely a planner, and although sometimes my day can do a total 360 from what I had in mind...
having the base of what I would like to achieve is definitely something I strive for in order to become closer to my overall goals as an artist.

You can take bites of what you love and leave the rest for later, or you can manage your time and energy wisely by finishing the treat you worked so hard to create.

xoxo

Theresa

Comments

Popular Posts