ACAI You (:


Homemade Acai Bowls 💜





Acai has become known as a key superfood in all areas of the world it seems. I myself had not heard of this powerful berry until I began working at a smoothie shop here in LA a few years ago.

The huge hype of acai bowls is huge in tropical markets, and is now trending in smaller regional markets through out the U.S. 

I am loving this movement, and enjoy trying different places. I've tried some bowls that were awful, and some that were truly incredible it left me wondering for days how they made it! 

With all that said, I don't think anything can out-do a homemade acai bowl. All freshly blended ingredients blended in your own home! You can use the frozen packs found in your grocery store, or even acai berry powder that you can easily through into a smoothie or bowl recipe. 

You can create super sweet bowls/smoothies, or you can include fresh greens and vegan protein powder for more of a hearty "meal."

--Pictured above is a simple, yet more nutrient dense recipe:


1 acai frozen pack

1 1/2 frozen banana

3 large pieces of frozen cauliflower (you can't even taste it!!)

2-3 medjool dates

1 spoonful of almond butter

1 scoop of your favorite vegan protein powder - optional (I love Sunwarrior, Plant Fusion, or VivoLife)

Splash of non-dairy mylk to blend

The best part is topping your bowl!

I created my vegan berry protein balls, so this was a lovely addition to the bowl to get in more protein and texture. -Recipe coming soon! (:


Definitely do yourself a favor a create or purchase an acai bowl near you! Your body and mind will thank you!




 



Comments

Popular Posts