Papaya Lovin'

Georgia Peach or California Kiwi?

I used to cringe at the thought of consuming a papaya without it being blended into a smoothie, or "hidden" within a fruit salad. I thought of it as a bitter way to reap all the health benefits when eaten alone. 

However, about a year ago, I came across a Hawaiian Papaya at a Farmer's Market. I decided to give it a go since it wasn't a "typical" papaya I had tried in the past. It was mini, and I was curious.

Perhaps my taste buds had changed, or I found it sweeter than an original papaya, I began to fall in love with this magical fruit!
Yes, even the big original ones as well. :)

Papayas have SO many benefits (see link above). This amazing fruit can clear your skin, promote better digestion, and help heal your body inside and out.

Now, if you aren't about eating papayas in their natural state. I encourage you to start with blending it as a smoothie with pineapple. This is an awesome way to combine two powerhouse digestion aids, and the pineapple helps to hide the bitterness from the papaya.  

Once you are set with that, try making papaya "boats" like the photo above. You can full the papayas insides (once seeded) with your favorite fruits. I like to eat like-minded-fruits so I don't confuse my stomach, but it is super fun to mix and match with different textured fruits. Plus, you will be gaining the fiber from the papaya!

I myself prefer to eat this as a "meal" in the morning with other tropical like fruits. Pineapple, peaches, strawberries, mango, and kiwi are some of my favorites!

You will truly feel the difference in your body once you consume this fruit often! Give it a try. :)

xoxo

T H E R E S A



Comments

Popular Posts