Best D A T E S



Dates.

The good, the bad, we have all had our share. 

No, I am not opening up a love life conversation.
However, dates have been a love/hate relationship for me over the years.

I used to hate anything with dates, raisins, or anything involving dried fruits.
I don't think I was fully educated on what the taste or reaction my body would have with these fruits, so I steered clear.

All up until I began working at my first job as a "smoothie master," I became aware of what dates actually were, and what they could be used for.
I began using them the same way I did at work. I sweetened my smoothies with them. And boy was I hooked.

Mind you, you only need ot use about 2-3 at most to create a sweeter smoothie, but I am not holding you back. :)

I then started to just eat them plain, and I experimented with several brands to see which farm or company had the gooiest, most delectable dates to indulge in.
LIFE HACK: Dates with your favorite nut or seed butter is heaven in your mouth.

I finally had found my favorite brand of dates here in LA. Yet, while I was living in New York, I could only find these dates at one small market. It was hard to create my favorite desserts and smoothies without my go-to sweetener.

That was until... I happened to stumble into this amazing organic market in East Village. I wanted to live at this market from the first moment I entered. This was a vegan's dream. Organic FRESH juice, specialty bars, organic grapes in winter...the list goes on.

& then... these dates. Oh. My. Goodness. I had never tasted such a pure richness of nature until I bit into one of these dates from the country of Gordon?! The cashier said they were from "Gordon," so I am not exactly sure where this is, or if she actually meant a city somewhere.
Either way, please view the video to see how pure and ripe these lovely dates were! If you're ever in NYC, you MUST check these out.

Happy Dating!


Comments

Popular Posts