Taking T I M E

Sometimes
I feel as though time has slipped away from me without any warning at all. Regrets begin to fill my mind when I should have done something earlier on... Weather that being in my career, with a loved one, or even a small run-in with an acquaintance or stranger.

It's always near the Holiday season in which I reminisce everything I did not do. Now why is that?
Perhaps it's because the New Year is coming up, or I feel like I am not accomplishing anything...

But. This year, I feel different.
I've come to realize that it's always the memories I did not create, that I end up thinking about.
So, this year, during some "off-time," I'm allowing myself to forget about deadlines and what the future should be in my mind. Yes, I am still taking time for myself and my priorities. Yet, if opportunities arise in which I must choose over a solitude moment versus spending time with friends and family to create moments and memories, I'll definitely choose the later.

In the end, you won't regret not getting this or that for yourself. Finishing before the deadline in order to get something for yourself.

You will regret not spending time and creating memories with those who care about you.
Learn to care and make an effort for them. It really can be difficult, especially in the profession of a performing artist with millions of preparations to accomplish, and trust me, I've been there.
But, life is too short and delicate to let your loved ones slip away from you.
Anything can change in an instant.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

~ T H E R E S A

Comments

Popular Posts