Blocked - In

E V E R Y T H I N G happens for a R E A S O N

A simple phrase. But one that I've had to tell myself a lot this past week.
I don't want to go into tooo much detail, but many things have been happening in my life that are not ideal. My career goals were not meeting my standards, things in my personal life were not going my way, and making shifts for my side jobs life were getting hectic. 
Sure, we all go through hard times, and troublesome phases, but I hadn't realized a key issue until I finally reached a breaking point by literally shouting "Why is this happening?!?!?!" loudly as I hit my head in my closet while trying to put away some shoes.  

I had been so concerned about myself this past week by letting everything that was not going my way, effect me physically and mentally. I was not being kind to myself, and not allowing myself to embrace what I have accomplished thus far in my life and my career as a performer. This is something I see happen to a lot of artist friends, as well as myself, obviously, and I wish we could all see the positives rather than the negatives. 

Of course, there will be hardships, but we should not choose to wallow ourselves in them day by day. Life is so beautiful, and we should live each day to the fullest because we ARE alive. I had to tell myself that there are far more worse problems in this world right now than my life complications. I do need to deal with these struggles, but I know that I am where I am right now because there is a reason for it. Each day is a new start, and I challenge all of you to start this next week with a new habit. A new mind shift, or a new perception on something you've been dealing with lately. Small steps do add up in the bigger picture. It can even start with a smile. :)


"You cannot choose what happens to you; but you CAN choose how you react to it."

 
-*T H E R E S A

Comments

Popular Posts