Creamy Dreamy Light Hummus!

Seeking a new protein option that won't way you down?

Fear no more.
Enter: The Garbanzo Bean

Sometimes, I tend to feel weighed down when I eat hummus from restaurants (a rare occasion) or store bought options (even the minimal ingredient/organic options). I believe it has to do with the oils, spices, or "natural" preservatives included within the ingredients.

Garbanzo beans are high in protein and fiber! In fact, 1 cup of garbanzo beans alone contains 20% of your daily protein needs. That's about 14g of protein! Find more benefits here.

Over the years, I've found that creating my very own hummus works best for me! Especially since I am quite sensitive to garlic, oils, and sesame seeds. <-- Which most recipes tend to include.

Here is a recipe that is simplistic, and can definitely be altered to your liking by adding more ingredients if you choose!
I would recommend fresh cilantro, greens, red bell peppers, oregano, black pepper etc..

Ingredients:
1 Can of Organic Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) 
Juice of 1 fresh lemon - I used a Meyer Lemon
1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
A pinch on pink Himalayan Sea Salt
 Splash of water to get the blender going if needed

Directions:

- Rinse and soak the beans for at least 4 hours or longer.
-Drain and rinse the beans.
-Squeeze a lemon or use an an appliance to get the juice of the lemon.
-Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor.
-Add some water if the appliance is having trouble blending. 


Create this perfect spread to enjoy with fresh veggies or raw sprouted crackers!

  

Comments

Popular Posts